Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

LIFE IN CHINA

zars

zars

Mexico

Well, this post is for Chinese people.

Lately I realized that you're almost the half of the world population, so I have some questions that I would like to know about you.

do you think that living in china is great?

What do you think about your government?

According to what I have read, China will become the most powerful country in less than 10 years, even more powerful than US, so what do you think about this?

What do you think about wars??? Do you agree with North Korea that is testing nuclear bombs?

Well, that's all by now, but I still have other questions that I'd like to ask you, thanks in advance. 

06:51 PM Oct 19 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

beveron

beveron

China

i am a chinese,and i love my motherland,although still there are some promblems,but i have confidence that one day,China will be a great country,a coutry have its responsibility for world peace.It's also pleasure to see that our goverment become more and more concern on commom people's affair,this's the reason why i am so confidence about our future.

about north korea nuclear, i have no idea.I can't understand why north korea do so

02:43 PM Oct 29 2006 |

achyon

achyon

Nepal

Hello Friends,

Your topics LIFE IN CHINA is so intresting and informative. I thing, You are not baby. Your understanding and expression shows that. In My mind there are so many questions and qurosities about the China. I want to know about the ethnicity and cultural diversity of china and the political programme to solved the problem of divers ethnicity. A week ago I read speach of president of china about the ethnic minority of China. But I did not undrstand properly. So if any Chinese friends who want to clearyfie about that most welcome.

Thanks 

12:45 PM Oct 30 2006 |

zars

zars

Mexico

Hi,

I just saw on the news that the chinese government is trying to generate a new law to prevent young chinese people to become adicted to Internet.

Is that a problem? I mean everyone here knows that Inet nowadays is very important for our current life.

I also saw a program about the most dangerous weapons of China, and there were a lot of masters that handle those weapons very well, I wish I knew KungFu.

How many states does China have? For example Mexico has 32 states, US has more, for those who don't know what an state is, Washintong and Nuevo Mexico are US states.

03:25 PM Oct 31 2006 |

troychan

troychan

China

Aha, maybe I can give you the answers.

Regarding the Chinese Wushu, it really exists, but is not as same as you have seen in these movies which are so exaggerated. Nobody can flit like a bird. But really some guys in China who have wushu can beat up a lot of rivals alone.  There is place called Chenjia Gou(It is the direct Chinese pronunciation, Maybe can translate as Chan's fossa .), all the villagers in this village practise shadowboxing. Maybe you can visit there and study the famous Kung fu.

And we Chinese are taller than your sense, I am 175cm, for male this is a middle tall in China.

Hope I've expressed my self clear, cos my English is awkward. Cheers!!!

04:51 PM Nov 01 2006 |

forrestluo

Germany

Some answer for Zars’s:

In my personal view it’s really necessary for the government launch a new law to protecting those young kids away form Internet. Yes, Internet is really important in our daily life nowadays, you can get almost everything form it. But just like everything have it’s positive side and negative side. I don’t think most Chinese kids can distinguish this tow sides about the Internet. A simple example is my girlfriend’s brother, this guy is really mad about computer game. He can keep paling it 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. It’s not the only case around me. At the beginning of this year, one guy star his hospital in my city, a hospital for helping those kids who are mad about Internet to learn how to give up this addiction. From the things I mentioned above you may image why the China government went to launch the new law.  

For your second question now China have 34 states, include Hongkong, Macao, Taiwan and Tibet. For most of people not living in China often consider Taiwan as another country. But Taiwan is one part of China, we just have not finish the civil war.

07:07 AM Nov 02 2006 |

zars

zars

Mexico

Thanks for replying.

Since you're almost the half of the human population, how hard is to get a job there?

When you got married, how many kids can you have??? is there a law that tells you how many kids you are allowed to have or simply you can have as many as you want to?

In dollars what's the average salary of a "profesional worker"? I mean someone who's prepared how much can they earn??? and what's the average cost of life there (to rent or lease a house and to buy food for surviving a month)????

04:06 PM Nov 02 2006 |

Cong Lan

Cong Lan

Germany

hi there,

well i'm born in China and live now in Germany since seven years. I heared and saw pictures of China from the German-press.

What i saw about China, that is just terrible. I cannot stand the political system and  the inconsiderate economiy-growth. I hate that so called "government".

I just can imagine well that the life there for a normal worker would be terrible, when someone looses his job, he'll have nothing and nobody but his family(till now, there're still big families, but for how long? if one familiy can only have one child…)

I don't think China will make it to be the greatest country in economic aspect… and the rest aspect.

But you know what? The only thing I wish is to go back to China, where injustice and ridiculous society grow, there, I'll feel home.

Have  a nice day!

11:53 PM Nov 02 2006 |

Cong Lan

Cong Lan

Germany

p.s.: I just read zars' starting post and no replies at all.

11:55 PM Nov 02 2006 |

forrestluo

Germany

First something for Cong Lan:

Just as you say you hear and saw pictures of China from the German-press. I don’t want to say all the things you say is not the truth, but actually everything are not so crazy as you thinkJ. Seven years before I was just star my college study, but right now I’m a supervisor in a big company have more than 27,000 workers. What I really want to say is time can change lots of things, seven years is not a shot time, many things have already changed. Last year one of my best friend who came form German was get married with a Chinese girl, right now this guy buy a house in my city and planning living in China. Welcome back to China and check all the things out yourself, maybe you will found something different.

Second some answer for Zars’s

Sorry for point out your mistake the population of the world is more than 6 billion but the Chinese population is about 1.5 billion, so we are not half of word’s population just 1/4 of it. For the job hunters in China, it’s not easy to get a high payment job, but if you just need a job for basic living is not so difficulty.

For the kid’s question, it’s really up to the status you are. If I get married I can have only one child. But different status has different solutions. Those solutions can be summarized as follow:

1.If both of the spouses are living in the countryside they can have at least one child. It is means if their first child is a girl they can give birth to the second one. But if the first one is a boy they can have just one child;

2.If one of the spouses is living in the city, they can have only child. It does’t matter the baby is a girl or a boy;

3.If both of the spouses have doctor degree or both of then are the only child of their own family, they can have tow child if they want;

4.If one of the spouses is minority, they can have as much as they want.

Answers for your last question: actually I don’t really know what do you mean about “prepared”. For my self, in the year of 2003 I was graduated form college, at that time my payment is RMB2,000 (about 250 USD) per month. Right now is ten times more. For the normal workers in my company their payment is about RMB1,500-3,000(USD188-375) per month. For those who have special abilities the payment can rise to RMB6,000(USD750)per month. In the city I living now, the government’s basic living price is RMB500, this price can just keep your self alive. If you have no job you can apply this 500RMB form the government. The minimum payment of this city is RMB 800(USD100) per month. For a normal life the cost are as follow: rent an apartment about 100m2 with 2 bedroom 1 living room about RMB400 per month; food about RMB15per day and RMB450 per month; other 200RMB(USD25) for traffic and phone and ect. Totally the normal living cost is about RMB1050 per month. But the city I living is just a small city, if you want to live in those big city such as Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou the price will double or even more.

02:54 AM Nov 03 2006 |

firefox

firefox

China

Well, this post is for Chinese people.

Lately I realized that you're almost the half of the world population, so I have some questions that I would like to know about you.

The population of the whole world is 6 billion, while the population of China is 1.3 billion. 

do you think that living in china is great?

What is great? To us, China is our home. 

What do you think about your government?

Our government is doing right things and wrong things just like every government. 

According to what I have read, China will become the most powerful country in less than 10 years, even more powerful than US, so what do you think about this?

I do not think China could catch US in 10 years. A powerful motherland is a normal thought to every nation's people. It is the same thing to Chinese. 

What do you think about wars??? Do you agree with North Korea that is testing nuclear bombs?

I do not like war. I do not think any country hope any else country has nuclear weapons  

Well, that's all by now, but I still have other questions that I'd like to ask you, thanks in advance.

06:34 AM Nov 03 2006 |