Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Italy and the nuclear power

sweet.kotori

Italy

I can’t believe how politicians prefer money to the healthy of the people. 

I ask myself, why there is poeple who wants nuclear power in a little country like Itlay? 

We didn’t die without nuclera energy, so why should we?

We waste money on buildings that aren’t used, 

politicians cut money to school, we can’t reduce the pollution,

some hospitals here are in poor conditions, somebody wants the privatization of water…  

(why? why? why? water is a common good!!!!!!!!)

but there is more, don’t worry… 

Hasn’t Chernobyl and Fukushima teached us anything? Here in Italy i suppose not. 

They shouldn’t think about money and energy, they should think about victims of nuclear disasters, 

about healthy. 

I do not support any political side but it doesen’t take a genius to understand that 

with the poeple that there’s in this country we’d blow in the air.

In Italy we had a referendum against nuclear and now we had to vote again. 

I hope people will vote against nuclear. 

I say that because I am not of the age so i can’t vote.

Money are nothing in comparison to diseases, politicians and voters should think about it, think about the future.

:( 

08:39 PM Jun 02 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

TheBoondockSaints

Italy

04:23 PM Jun 03 2011 |

Grēne

Grēne

Bosnia and Herzegovina

It is hard to fight against avidity. Brazil approves Belo Monte hydroelectric dam. This is also huge mistake and so bad thing for Amazon : / But who cares??

But let’s hope that votes can change sth : )

09:53 PM Jun 03 2011 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

ciao sweet.kotory

I’m sorry but I don’t agree with you.

I definitely will vot for the nuclear power. yes, all nice what you wrote. We are a country in crisis, people is without a job and our future is BLACK.

Italy needs work and don’t import enegies from aboard, just like still happens today. We have lots of nuclear bases just by our confines from France, Swiss Austria and so on. Old bases that if something could happen we couldn’t do anything.

Italian nuclear bases should be new and sure. It’s absurd that Italy is the only country in Europe which must buy energy abroad!

09:26 AM Jun 04 2011 |

TheBoondockSaints

Italy

Yes that was true 30 years ago, but now if u want be really indipendent you need now 30 nuke plants, you have to spend  30×7mld of euro and it means default sure ..or private have to spend it ( and we know what it means in Italy…)..it’s better develop other kinds of energy like Elettomagnetic about study of Nikola Tesla or Nuclear Fusion. Little home in south Italy should use Solar Plants..there is sun 300 days every years..

my opinion

09:38 AM Jun 04 2011 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

magnetic energy? we are far thousand light years.

solar energy? we have waited for 50 years to develope this energy source, it’s great but it’s just a little quantify, not enought to help

09:48 AM Jun 04 2011 |

sweet.kotori

Italy

In my opinion is better to work to the maintenance of solar panels and it would be better to place them on the roofs of particular areas of Italy.

I think it is dangerous like almost every job but it is surely less dangerous and less unhelthier than working to the maintenance of a nuclear plant.

11:07 AM Jun 04 2011 |

Rose-baran

Rose-baran

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

hi my dear
you know after handred years we don’t have any natural resource.maybe it’s not important for many people that what will be happen for our children and their children but it’s a fact that we can’t deny it.Absolutely it’s terrible that governments select this useful energy as fighting and killing many people but except of that it can help humans fot many years espacially now that population is growing and mines like coal mines have awful effect on the weather and maybe they can make earth an unuseful place to live.I don’t know i could say my idea clear or not but i always favour on opinion nuclear energy everywhere but conciliatory

04:03 PM Jun 04 2011 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

well, here we are, today and tomorrow we’ll write Italian future. I’m sure it’ll win the “NO NUCLEAR”.

08:42 AM Jun 12 2011 |