Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

jokes

pacaniux

Lithuania

who knows any jokes??

share with us:)

01:24 AM Feb 13 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

WELCOME JUST—-JIRL, U R HERE?Surprised

01:33 PM Feb 15 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Supermarket mother

A young man was walking through a supermarket to pick a few things when he noticed an old lady following him around. Thinking nothing of it, he ignored her and continued on. Finally, he wnt to the checkout line, but she got in front of him.

"Pardon me" she said. "I am sorry if my staring at you has made you feel uncomfortable. It's just that you look just my son who just died recently:" "I'm very sorry" replied the young man. "Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yes" she said." As I am leaving, can you say "Goodbye mother? It would make me much better". "Sure", answered the young man. As the old woman was leaving, he called out, "Goodbye mother!"  As he stepped up to the checkout counter, he saw that his total was $127.50. "How can that be?" he asked, "I only purchased a few things!" "Your mother said that you would pay for her," said the clerk.

Smile

03:39 PM Feb 15 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

You Can Take it With You There was a man who had worked all of his life, had saved all of his money, and was a real miser when it came to his money. He told his wife, "When I die, I want you to take all my money and put it in the casket with me. I want to take my money to the afterlife with me."
And so he got his wife to promise him with all of her heart that when he died, she would put all of the money in the casket with him.
Well, he died. He was stretched out in the casket, his wife was sitting there in black, and her friend was sitting next to her.
When they finished the ceremony, just before the undertakers got ready to close the casket, the wife said, "Wait just a minute!"
She had a box with her, she came over with the box and put it in the casket. Then the undertakers locked the casket down, and they rolled it away.
So her friend said, "Girl, I know you weren't fool enough to put all that money in there with your husband." The loyal wife replied,
"Listen, I'm a Christian, I can't go back on my word. I promised him that I was going to put that money in that casket with him."
"You mean to tell me you put that money in the casket with him!!!!?"
"I sure did," said the wife. "I got it all together, put it into my account and wrote him a check. If he can cash it, he can spend it."

06:06 PM Feb 15 2009 |

zhang.guangwei

China

sunay's joke is personalityLaughing

02:42 AM Feb 16 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

A very successful businessman had a meeting with his new son-in-law. "I love my daughter, and now I welcome you into the family," said the man. "To show you how much we care for you, I'm making you a 50-50 partner in my business. All you have to do is go to the factory every day and learn the operations."

The son-in-law interrupted, "I hate factories. I can't stand the noise."

"I see," replied the father-in-law. "Well, then you'll work in the office and take charge of some of the operations."

"I hate office work," said the son-on-law. "I can't stand being stuck behind a desk all day."

"Wait a minute," said the father-in-law. "I just make you half-owner of a moneymaking organization, but you don't like factories and won't work in a office. What am I going to do with you?"

"Easy," said the young man. "Buy me out."

09:32 AM Feb 16 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

hahahaSmile

Zhang, do u think so?Wink

09:43 AM Feb 16 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Osesame,

I didnt catch the meaning of Zhang's writing. So I don't know how he thinks about the jokes which are posted by me. Smile

09:49 AM Feb 16 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

I wonder, how you understood his post?

Smile

09:50 AM Feb 16 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

CRANberry,
Thanks a lot for your comments…Smile