Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Should we choose our religion by ourself ?

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Can we choose our religion by ourself ?

Do we get an oppurtnity to choose our religion ?

Should we struggle for our right to choose our religion ?

Does our religion has any value for us when we 'get it free of cost & desire'?

02:44 AM Feb 03 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Hi dev. I’m sorry but I think like before you’re in a cndition of dissapointed in your current religion or belief. Maybe you see that eventually a religius man also commits mistakes or sin. I dunno. Maybe you’re inspired by gaza’s problem. Just a guess ok. :p
But you know what, if you think that the available religion can’t accomodate your wish about your requirement of what a religion should be consisted of, maybe you should make a new religion which fulfill your desire. I’d given you an idea like this before on other thread before and then sunay also gave you that thought again.
So now I come to a thought, do you think there’s a perfect religion with its absolute truth? Or is there an absolute truth in this world?

03:29 AM Feb 08 2009 |

flora123

flora123

China

of couse i think we have proper right to choose our religion.we have freedom and no one can control our mind or behavior.

actually i am alittle confused about this topic? as your questions, you mean in this world a part of people cant choose their religion? when they were born,they destine to belong to become a  member of certain religion?

04:54 AM Feb 08 2009 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

our heart?!!!. Dev,

could our heart still sound all our life??

if yes, ok i agree that we don't need any guide or religion..

if no, plz tell me why?

06:25 AM Feb 08 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Hi dev. I’m sorry but I think like before you’re in a cndition of dissapointed in your current religion or belief

may be not. he is following sanatana dharma (Eternal law) of discovering self consiosness.

Bhuddha, vivekananda, raghavendra, Shankaracharya, Madhwacharya  and hudreds of others have done this.

03:04 PM Feb 08 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Mike,

I don't feel myself disappointed nor do I follow anybody blindely, I have my own way of observation.

I have experienced my point of connection with the existence diectly & I see my instincts honestly & follow them.

I feel that we can't do anything undoable,what can we do is always existential & we are blessed freedom & liberty by the existence, it is our Godlyness!!!! it is the way the God lives in us, through us,we have been provided the power to choose freely but religions control us & make us 'usable'.

& further that I am not talking of a single religion… every religion do so, it is like 'political parties', when someone  got the idea of mechanism of mind, he makes his own party.

OUr real religion is born with us, all our tendencies, instincts are natuarl  but we are reduced from 'calf' to usable 'ox', & blinder is attached to our vision to see in one direction alone.

Nobody can make a real religion, it is always existential, but what we can do is interfere with it or not, it is our choice.

But we don't know oueself & nor we are trained to doubt others & have belive in our self, that's why misery is every where, & we have lost our original life & became victim of religins , politicians.  

02:24 AM Feb 09 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Ryo,

I talk about choice of religion to follow or live.

02:26 AM Feb 09 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear flora123,

It looks that some people had choice to choose our religion. but it is not so, in the terms that, we can't born without parents & parents intioate us in some religion without giving us oppurtunity to choose our religion, before we get aware mature ,we are provided with some religion, our mind is conditined & some parmetres are fixed to it.

It is like loading a system  to provide some  software to it & every software has his own parametres,& desired options are provided by the 'software enginer',without by hiding the 'optional choice board'. 

02:36 AM Feb 09 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear NabilaSh,

We are provided with an observer inside, it is our self, it is 'us', but we don't have experience of it, we have to search it, we have to find it.

Every one has questions & doubts but we kill them.

We are provided with guide or teacher inside but we just ignore that.

02:47 AM Feb 09 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Javamanju,

You have understood rightly,

but hindus & indians feel pwnership on on existence, they feel themself superior to others, but it is not so.

I feel it is existential, it belongs to everyone, irrespective of what we call,caste, creed, religion or nation.IT IS PURELY EXISTENTIAL.

Existence don't know any names …any demarcations..a ny ownerships.

existence just exists, it is we who interfere with it say it is 'mine' or 'our'.

02:55 AM Feb 09 2009 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Well, I am tired about this topic, but the thing i want to tell you devindernagpal it that i am very interested in indian culture and indian philosophy, so someday you can teach me some ;) (i am catholic, but i love learning about other cultures)

05:47 AM Feb 10 2009 |