Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Be Peruvian it's a CRIME??? COME ON LEAVE A COMMENT!!!

sentinel2008

Peru

I write this post because in all the world there are many people who discriminate against Peruvians. I know some Peruvians are Thieves, Swindlers, Drug addicts, Alcoholics, Smoking, Corruption, Terrorism, Bad government (It's a pitty, in all the world exist thats persons not only in Peru!!!).The people can not generalize!!!. Here in Peru the most are friendly and kindly. The people can't say Peruvians are the most bad in the world or Peruvians are losers or for last some Peruvian have all the bad things. Here in e-baby are many people when you would like be your friend. These people decline your friend request (i have 65 rejected invitations). And when other people add you in msn, then you speak with them and you say "I'm from Peru" them finishing erasing you.I can assure you would like to see you can ask to my friends of here!!!. I'm a good person =).I'm friendly and kindly. If you  I like make new friends and learn many languages :D. I like all kind of music (even in many languages =) ) but more Oldies (rock 80's,retro and billboard 60's).
Now all the world are in crisis except Peru fortunately, because Peru have manyyy food, many resources and many feedstock!!.WE HAVE MANY FISH :D:D IN OUR COUNTRY WE HAVE 200 MILES BUT I HATE WHEN OTHER COUNTRIES GO INSIDE OUR 200 MILES AND STOLE OUR FISH WITH THEIR FACTORY SHIPS!!!!!! (FOR EXAMPLE RUSSIA, USA, ETC) THAT COUNTRIES SHOULD BUY OUR FISH!! NO STOLE!!!.You must give thanks for the food they eat every day as some are Peruvian!!!. The potatoe are Peruvian!!! The best lemon is the Peruvian!!!.It's a pitty that a country so rich in resources have a poor people!!! I'm not rich or poor, just a medium class people now (before i was poor) now there are 50% of poor).If you someday wanna visit Peru (I hope =) ) you will notice how amazing it is that country!!! Have many: have all climates of the world (Here are food in all the year), you can live in a climate that you like!!!.In Peru we have snow yes snow but not in the capital!!. we don't have tornados and hurrican only little tremors =). Here are many tourism!! You should visit Machupicchu, it's a one of seven wonderfuls. I don't wanna say "Peru is the best country" only want you know recognize that although "we are a developing country " we have many good things!!! and many creativity!!!. You can addme and see a one different person. My e-mail is: andres_lsanchez@live.com

04:15 AM Feb 01 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Yuli^ ^

Yuli^ ^

Peru

haha Cool

11:39 PM Feb 01 2009 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

It is obviusly that Peru is a lovely place to visit ;)

11:40 PM Feb 01 2009 |

reyhaneh

reyhaneh

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Thieves, swindller, drug addicted, terrorists,..... are just lables which some governors (not people) put on other nations speacialy developing countries.

so you shouldn`t be sad, coz that`s their faults not yours.

we`v seen latin American countries in movies unsafe ( for exampe in Man on Fire ) & it may effect on people judgment.

But I`m really eager to visit all over the world one day & absolutely I `ll visit Ur beautiful country friend :)

01:26 AM Feb 02 2009 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Man on Fire was about Mexico, not Peru!

07:04 AM Feb 02 2009 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

In America most people associate Columbia with drugs and crime, not Peru. When most people think of Peru, they think of Macchu Picchu.

But many Americans do not know anything about South America, they think all of South America is just Mexico! My friend from Venezuela got very angry with me when I asked if they ate burritos and tacos in Venezuela (I was only in high school at the time).

So definitely we should learn more about South America. 

01:18 PM Feb 03 2009 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

yes, aljensen, everybody know nothing about soth america, we are a mix of cultures from every part of the world.

05:54 PM Feb 03 2009 |

Yuli^ ^

Yuli^ ^

Peru

South america is an huge box of misteries…mix of races, cultures, dances…here u can find everything. You never will get be bored i can assure u Smile

Perú, México, Venezuela,Colombia, Uruguay,Paraguay, Ecuador,Chile, Brazil, etc etc. We are differente each one. The only we share is speak spanish hehe but together we are south america…an great and friendly continentWink

10:25 PM Feb 03 2009 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Yea, you are right Yuli, although we are very different each other we feel united.

10:38 PM Feb 03 2009 |

sentinel2008

Peru

Yes of course, but remember in Latin America we talk really Castellano (from Castilla (Spain) ) Castellano it's bad named in Latin America as Spanish, anyway it's language from Spain. Castellano it's seem to Spanish or no?. There are a example of words:

No te preocupes (Castellano)
No os preocupáis (Spanish)

both says the same, But i don't like the second way to say "Don't worry" and now you can see the difference.

Anyway if you wanna call "spanish" to Castellano, I like Latin American Spanish and Peruvian Pronunciation) is the best =)

02:03 AM Feb 04 2009 |