Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

To be loved or to be understood..

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Hi all.. I hope you guys haven’t already been bored with such love theme. So here we go. :p
I got this from a magazine. It says, “Women are made to be loved, not understood.”
So what do you think about it guys? Thanks for sharing. Peace be with you..

06:18 PM Jan 25 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

understand ,understand, then love

you don't love her if you can't understand her, if you don't understand her it should be something else but not love.. or maybe if yourealy love her ,you can't continue without understand..

09:25 PM Jan 25 2009 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

if you just listen to the woman ,that mean to her that you understand her..

09:27 PM Jan 25 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Woman is not a dead 'material' to be loved or to be understood.

In a relation of love,

mutual understanding is called 'LOVE'.

01:01 AM Jan 26 2009 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Guys, don’t you think the statement means smthing like girl is a complicated and complex being? So instead of to understand her it’d be better to love her. Hehe. But is loving without understanding exist? Maybe people will call it love at the first sight. :p
Btw the one who says that words was Oscar Wilde.

03:17 AM Jan 26 2009 |

为你写诗

China

I agree

03:31 AM Jan 26 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

In my opinion this saying is an affront against women because women were not worth to understand.

On the other hand it can be also understood as an affront against men because they are too stupid to understand the womenSmile.

05:03 AM Jan 26 2009 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

to look something and if we feel intrest then we want to know more about it. as like nature 1st we see then we realise such as rainbow ,sunrise or sunset these things make some sense and this sense is called understanding and once we able to understand any thing we feel good and like it. it is a natural phenomenon look , know, understand, like and then feel love.  

11:28 AM Jan 26 2009 |

Crazy_Monk

Crazy_Monk

Russian Federation

Tell me, how we can love anyone without understanding? It's impossible, isn't it? Yes, we can't completely understand what sun is it, but we can't understand it because we really can't. Sun and women differ each other.

12:31 PM Jan 26 2009 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

I have one question, do we understand ourself ?

If we watch our movements honestly ,we shall find that most of the times we don't undrstand our self, so how can we understnd the other ?

03:07 PM Jan 26 2009 |