Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Waste or Save.........

gosde

gosde

Turkey

hi friends,  i created this post to discuss about an important issue of life and also of my project:)You know , sources of energy we are using are declining dramatically.and im trying to find some useful things …..

and i wanna learn ur opinions….

thank youuuu

11:21 AM Oct 11 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi my friend, ( I don't want to write your nick name sorry about that, and I want to ask to you why you chose that?)Your answer has full info about saving energy. If people at least, try some of them, they will see how much they contribute to environment and their budget… Be happy and healthy.Zeus

12:21 PM Oct 11 2008 |

gosde

gosde

Turkey

thanks friends , concentrating on every day's events to save is a good idea….but what can the governments do?and dear TALKNOW do u know more abot that alternative "magnetization"?

waiting for ur mails:)

12:46 PM Oct 12 2008 |

Jeffery Sun

China

Saying from other side, the high technology is the devil that who destroyed our environment and waste much energy.

07:22 AM Oct 13 2008 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

Countries could nationalize trash collection and recycling. Since energy issues affect everyone, all are stockholders in the utilization of it. The disposal of trash is an issue for everybody. It is the sort of thing that cannot be left to the marketplace. If there is no market value to a certain kind of plastic, for example, something still must be done with it. We have to pay for its collection and disposal. If there is a market for a metal like aluminum, we pay for it in the products we use, we should also be paid for it when we recycle it. If it is nationalized, then schemes could be put in place for the biggest consumers to pay the highest prices while those who consume the least would pay little or nothing. This would promote fairness in consuming. There would not be a discount for consuming more, which only serves to promote waste and excess consumption.

10:33 AM Oct 13 2008 |