Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Obama wins..

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Are you happy with victory of Obama ?

05:07 PM Jun 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

maybe it is because he isn't experienced in politics.

hillary's voters also had shared the same idea with you ophilia. but still obama made it in the end on democrate's preliminary..

02:24 PM Jun 08 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

so greg I think you'd agree with abortion and gay relationship legality.right?

btw I think cowboys contributed much in approving the gun-ownership policy by the founding fathers.lol

02:30 PM Jun 08 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

If a person does not have the moral standards to avoid being a criminal they will commit crimes regardless of the weapons they may or may not have

yeah greg perhaps I thinks too naive this time.I just only considered the bad side without thinking about the good side and the facts the every man is different..

02:36 PM Jun 08 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

LOL jane.

ps: they need to leave him alone I dont want to hear what does he eat for breakfast in news….lol.

I believe that GOP would never rest to slide down him from the campaign with one way or another..

02:44 PM Jun 08 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Mike, I have personal moral issues with abortion, but I recognize that others can have different views and I don't have a problem with someone who chooses that option. In the US, I believe that individual States should make laws regarding abortion that reflect the wishes of the people of that state. (I feel the same about many many issues)

As far a gay marriage, I feel that if marriage exists as a government sanction for a relationship that it should be available to any adults of any sex. Personally, I don't think the government should be in the marriage business. If you want to go to a church and have them sanction your relationship, that's cool. If you want protection under the law, then get a contract.  

02:45 PM Jun 08 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I don't think there were any cowboys yet when the Constitution was written. Laughing

02:47 PM Jun 08 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

As far a gay marriage, I feel that if marriage exists as a government sanction for a relationship that it should be available to any adults of any sex.

so you're not a republican on this view, wew I'm so relieved. Laughing

the most important TO ME are the issues with the military… fund/pay cuts, war, post/base closings, etc.

then the economy! We need so much help right now. We need to stop the outsourcing, encourage more types of power, lower gas prices, and just help for those that need it.

We need better healthcare that is available to everyone.

We need to rebuild relations with the Middle East and Korea.

I'm not super concerned with abortion, weapon ownership policy, etc. Yes I think they are important but how can you worry about that when the economy is failing, millions of people are homeless, and people are going without insurance and can't get the healthcare they need?

partly, maybe it is because he isn't experienced in politics.

Right…Bush is so experienced in politics but did that make him a good president? I dont think so.

Now that Hillary supports Obama I hope no more republican in the white house for the next 4 years. 

04:05 PM Jun 08 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

We need to rebuild relations with the Middle East and Korea.

jane,do you think that the gov should resort to use diplomacy and just only talks to solve this problem?

04:15 PM Jun 08 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

In some ways North Korea acts as a buffer state between South Korea and China, and the US and the Korean government (the government, not necessarily the people) want to preserve North Korea in some form. 

Republicans bank a lot on "authenticity", that is, that their politicians are "Regular people", as in you could sit down and have a beer with George Bush or John McCain, you could see them living in your neighborhood, you could see helping them move their furniture, or going to baseball game together. That is part of the appeal. But it is not true. George Bush and the Bush family are not down-home plain people. They are super-rich members of the Texas power structure. But they do a very good job at presenting a charming image of themselves to the average American person.

I could not see drinking a beer with Obama, I couldn't see hanging out with him, or seeing him mow the lawn as a I drive to the supermarket. But I don't expect Barack Obama to pretend to be equal to me, especially since it just isn't true. I just want someone who can repair the damage George Bush has done to our country. 

The problem John McCain has is that he supports the war in Iraq and hopes it goes on for years. That, and he's awfully old. The advantage he has is that he is white and unobtrusive. 

04:28 PM Jun 08 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

btw guys,

what's the basic different of dems and republics on their policy and their way to achieve their goals??

thanks for the answers..

04:39 PM Jun 08 2008 |