Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

连喜

连喜

China

sexual discrimination

09:35 AM Apr 25 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

hope you the best Xiaoxiao Smile ,  and wish you the happiness in your life .

I pray for you to have a good , kind , loyal husband appreciate your pure heart  and love you for ever 

09:30 AM Apr 27 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

devine , 

your point of view is clear to me now Smile , and as I disagree with you , I can respect you  .

in my mind , I wonder if you have tried marriage before ?

but I do not want to ask you , it is personal issue .

I wish you to live in pease too . and hope no woman gets hurt due to your way of thinking  .   because when woman love , she usually  wish to marry her beloved  .  

11:41 AM Apr 27 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Monatta,

Marriage is a legal or religious term used for living a man & woman together to create a family.It gives security to woman in the man dominated society.

I am in favour of a marriage which may need not fear of separation or change of attitude of male,Hence they don't need a legal documentation.They become part & parcel of each other so much that it beyond imagination of separation.The whole relation is lived out of love ,affection & understanding.

The drawback I feel in the present system of marriage is that ,we have to live together under the fear of law or religion.It is not love oriented ,it is need oriented,fear oriented.both have to love each other & when have to comes love becomes mechanical,which destroys the grace of love.

10:19 PM Apr 27 2008 |

Jonwan

Jonwan

Saudi Arabia

laughing outloud>>>>>> so clever and funny

07:42 AM Apr 28 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

marriage is not the creation  of God,it is the creation of religions

for me has dev  right ,i would say it is the creation from religion and society

i lived three years unmarried together with my catholic girlfriend, than she got the feeling we must be married through a catholic priest, i obeyed because i love her…but there was no change in our relationship, we are now more than 25 years married…

in this topic you  find the word obey and religion very often! so i was looking whats about the rules by the Christian in the bible…i am surprised there are also rules for wife and husband …but i know why my wife never told me from these rules, because its easy for me as man to obey the 10 commandments,but for her as women its not so easy to obey her 10 commandment ,because our marriage is built on love and everyone is on the same level…there is no obey….. we solve our problems  always together…with speaking and the try to understand the other…

Ten commandments for husbands
  1. Thou shalt not take thy wife for granted, but will honour and respect her as thy equal. (1 Pet 3:7)
  2. Thy highest allegiance, except God, shall be to thy wife, not thy relatives or friends. (Gen 2:24)
  3. Thou shalt frequently tell thy wife how important & valuable she is to thee. (Phil 2:3; Prov 31:10-11)
  4. Thou shalt hold thy wife's love by the same means that thou won it. (Sos 5:10-16)
  5. Thou shalt actively establish family discipline with thy wife's help. (Eph 6:4)
  6. Remember to do all the little things for thy wife when you say you will. (Mt 5:37)
  7. Keep thine eyes on thy own wife, not thy neighbors. (Prov 5:15-20; Job 31:1; Jer 5:8)
  8. Thou shalt make every effort to see things from thy wife's point of view. (Gen 21:12)
  9. Thou shalt not fail to kiss thy wife every morning. (Sos 8:1)
  10. Thou shalt not be stingy with thy wife when it comes to money. (Esther 5:3)

For long version outline of 10 commandments for husbands click here

<!-[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id=”_x0000_t75” coordsize=”21600,21600” o:spt=”75” o:preferrelative=”t” path=”m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe” filled=”f” stroked=”f”> <v:stroke joinstyle=”miter”/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn=”if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0”/> <v:f eqn=”sum @0 1 0”/> <v:f eqn=”sum 0 0 @1”/> <v:f eqn=”prod @2 1 2”/> <v:f eqn=”prod @3 21600 pixelWidth”/> <v:f eqn=”prod @3 21600 pixelHeight”/> <v:f eqn=”sum @0 0 1”/> <v:f eqn=”prod @6 1 2”/> <v:f eqn=”prod @7 21600 pixelWidth”/> <v:f eqn=”sum @8 21600 0”/> <v:f eqn=”prod @7 21600 pixelHeight”/> <v:f eqn=”sum @10 21600 0”/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok=”f” gradientshapeok=”t” o:connecttype=”rect”/> <o:lock v:ext=”edit” aspectratio=”t”/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id=”Bild_x0020_1” o:spid=”_x0000_i1025” type=”#_x0000_t75” alt=”http://www.bible.ca/marriage/bar-pansies.gif” style=’width:6in;height:28.5pt; visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square’> <v:imagedata src=”file:///C:\Users\hermann\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif” o:title=”bar-pansies”/> </v:shape><![endif]-><!-[if !vml]->http://www.bible.ca/marriage/bar-pansies.gif<!-[endif]-> Ten commandments for wives
  1. Expect not thy husband to give thee as many luxuries as thy father hath given thee after many years of hard labor. (Phil 4:11; Amos 4:1)
  2. Thou shalt work hard to build thy house with the husband that you have, not fantasizing about "the one that could have been". (Prov 14:1)
  3. Thou shalt not nag…hit him with thine frying pan, it is kindlier. (Prov 27:15; 21:19)
  4. Thou shalt coddle thy husband and be a warm wife. (1 Cor 7:3-5)
  5. Remember that the frank approval of thy husband is more to thee than the side glances of many strangers. (Ezek 16:32; 2 Pet 2:14)
  6. Thou shalt not yell at thy husband but will be a gentle and quiet spirit. (1 Pet 3:1-4)
  7. Permit no one to assure thee that thou art having a hard time of it. (1 Pet 5:9)
  8. Thou shall not fail to dress up for thy husband with an eye to please him, as thou didst before marriage. (Sos 4:9-11)
  9. Thou shalt submit to thy husband from thy heart and allow him to be head of the household. (Col 3:18; 1 Pet 3:6; Eph 5:33)
  10. Thou shalt assure thy husband and others that he is the greatest man alive. (Phil 2:3; Sos 5:9-16)

For long version outline of 10 commandments for wives click here

05:43 PM Apr 28 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Anglesmile,

In the whole of the animal kingdom no animal other than human has relations like father mother brother & isters ,all are just males or females. Marriage is non existential ,had it been existential there would have been marriage in anmals too. But some animals also select single partner to reproduce,they reproduce & get apart.

Woman needs security not from animals much but from humen more. The most dangerous animal for woman is man.Only man has me & mine ,no any other animal has that feeling.

God is the creation of human, No other animal excpt human knows any God.so how can marriage be a creation of God ? It is purely man made device,by clever priestly class to exploit human.

If God created all  then why all human live different kind of life…? why so many religins.. one religion should have been satisfactory.If Allah created all then why he remained silent for billions of years… ?

05:50 PM Apr 28 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

MARRIAGE is living together,within human rules!

LOVE is divine!

01:46 PM Apr 29 2008 |

flawless_and_arrogant

Turks and Caicos Islands

marriage is not bad

but unnecessary:P…..

u don't need men ,,,girls!

01:59 PM Apr 29 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Sponton,

congratulations,You are living true true love life,I feel it as existential marriage,where love comes in the first place & rules comes afterwards,our love should be the sufficient security to our life or partner if partners i.e couple have doubts about the partner how they can live life of love,I feel there is no love between marriage,they are living for the convennience.

Living to gether for convennience is also not bad but it should be very clear that they are not living the life of love but for the convennience,

I am against hypocracy only.

The 10coomandents need not to be written in bible ,these are written in hearts.

01:43 AM Apr 30 2008 |