Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

How do you imagine my country ''IRAN''?

danialir

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I want to know that the people in other countries how imagine my country .

it's very important for me and here is the best place for ask this question.

10:11 PM Sep 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

al_da982

first of all, i'm about to mention that i hate this rat(Mahmud Ahmadinejad)althogh he's sometimes true and this kind of government ,but some don't in my country. May be they're right.

Reihane! May be islam is a perfect religion that shows human the corroct way to perfectnes (i myself doubt about that),but using religion to rule people lets rulers to missuse ppl. Some iranians don't do serious things against the govenment becoz they're brain-washed by mollas that with this kind of government (Velayat), God rules us! for example,last month, a parlement member told (about what ahmadinejad said in NYC): He's doing perfect there. I believe his states at the UN was inspired to ahmadinejad by God!!!

anyway, I can gaurantee that Iran is safe for travelers,including americans.  U'd just better not to travel to our boraders with afghanestan and pakistan.

12:31 PM Oct 31 2008 |

Sina16

Sina16

HAY

IRAN HAS MANY PROBLMS

IRAN HAS MADE MANY MISTAKES

BUT

IRAN HAS MANY BRAVE & SMART PEOPLE TO REBUILD IT  AS WELL

I MEAN :

IRAN IS BELONG TO US & WE HAVE TO BUILD IT NOT

ALLOW EVERY ONE TO INTERFER IN OUR LOCAL PROBLEMS

WHICH MAYBE RUN IT TO WORST SITUATIONS.

LETS TRY TO BE GATHER & BUILD IT

YOU CAN'T FIND ANY SYMPATHETIC PERSON BETTER THAN

OURSELVE.

WE ARE HERE TO SAY WE CAN BUILD OUR COUNTRY IF

WE TRY TO BE CONFEDERATE.

I AGREE WITH ALL IRANIANS WHO SAID :

IRAN IS THE BEST

08:31 AM Jun 23 2009 |

awati

awati

Iraq

hi , i am kurdish in iraq

07:03 PM Jul 07 2009 |

Behnaz H

Hi Everyone!

I was born in Iran and I’ve always lived here.  All I’ve ever felt has been happiness here. Iranian people love their country more than everything.  After our country we love our family. In Iran children live with their parents till they get married and after marriage they visit their parents at least every week at the weekend. I know some people that visit their parents even every day. We take care of our old parents and don’t leave them alone to play with dogs.  Most people in Iran agree with its politics, if we didn’t agree, we would change it, as we always did throughout history. It is not confused at all.  Iran is also a country of beautiful scenery, long history and rich culture. Yes and if few people know it we owe that to America and other western countries. They have power and they show what is not right about our dear great Iran. And watch our news and movies if you want to know Iran not America’s. Dangerous?  More dangerous than US and England? Come on! We love foreign people and we welcome whoever is interested in Great Iran. You’ll be safe, I guarantee.

Payam don’t worry, an old country experiences everything, like Greece and China, we’ll be back sooner or later to what we were, because we’re still great people.”Diro zud dare vali sukhto suz nadare”

Many things here are much less expensive than western countries, like the things we eat, buses, electricity, water etc. Not everyone is rich, but we have enough to live as we like. US doesn’t accept us as we are, they want our free oil and they want us to be under their control. That’s why we have problems.

Persian Literature is really rich. We have the best poets of the world who live a thousand years ago and even now we have a lot of good poets. Everyone knows there’s no fight between Shii and Sunni.  In each city of Iran you can see different religions and cultures. But we never fight. If we do, there will be no Iran as one country.

Zerdust in Iran as far as I know worship God.

Thanks TrueBlue. You’re absolutely right. And Rahma MD yes you’re right. Exactly rghaffari, for political aims.

Yes Pink Angel, thanks. We have four seasons in Iran. When it is raining in the North, it’s sunny in the East and south, It’s snowing in the Western North and without doubt  somewhere is windy at the same time. In my city Mashhad we have all of this in four seasons.  In most cities it’s like that.

Planning attack to Israel? Hahaha. We don’t even have a war minister to attack anywhere. Based on our law we can’t. We need nuclear power for energy. It’s our right, Isn’t it? Do you think because we’re not Americans we can’t have it.hu?  US threats us every day. Who cares? We decide about our president, not you.

A country with rich culture. Thanks dadang.

Many thanks to Floyt. Thank you.

Thanks Saeid. Of course it is. Your name means someone who has a nice life, doesn’t it? You’re really saeid to live in Iran.

Thanks wayne 198719. I love Chinese people.

Thanks Reyhaneh joon. We’re proud of Great Iran and its people.

YOU CAN‘T FIND ANY SYMPATHETIC PERSON BETTER THAN

OURSELVE.

WE ARE HERE TO SAY WE CAN BUILD OUR COUNTRY IF

WE TRY TO BE CONFEDERATE.

Thank you so very much Sina 16. Iran is the best.

Nothing replaces the feeling to breathe in a place that 60000 years ago people lived in and breathed. Much before people from Europe killed native and real Americans and occupied there.

We’re looking forward to your visiting Iran the best.

07:52 AM Sep 26 2011 |

Behnaz H

Welcome to the country of pomegranate, crocus, oil, pistachio, date and Persian carpet. Here we can grow almost everything as the soil is valuable. Most of us grow fresh vegetables in our yards. We can read a poet which had been written 1300 years ago with ease while no other people on this planet can claim such a thing. For example English people can’t read and understand Shakespeare properly. How many years ago did he live? 400 years ago? In Iran having a PHD or in some fields like engineering, master degree means you are educated. But just having a bachelor degree or high school education is not something appreciated. Actually here the higher degree you have, the better job you have and consequently the more respected you are. That’s why teens and youth spend most of their time studying even in summer. It is not that they have to but because they want a good future and studying is also a part of our culture. As Ferdowsi our great poet who lived 1000 years ago said: “Honar nazde Iranian ast o bas.” It’s now an idiom. Honar nowadays means art but at that time it meant science and art was a part of science. So in English it means: “Only Iranians have all the knowledge of science.” And Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) , who was actually an Arab but his ancestors had lived in the territory of Iran, had said that if the science is in the sky, Iranians will pull it down from the sky. There are many things that western countries believe THEIR scientists have discovered or invented, but long before that we had done that. For example Kharazmi, a scientist who lived more than a thousand years ago, invented telescope and used to watch the sky by that. He said: “because the moon is circle, I’m sure the Earth is circle, too. We didn’t execute him or even arrest him for saying so. We just wanted him to prove but he couldn’t. I guess about 300 years later Iranian scientists like Khaje Nasirodin e Toosi proved that. Kharazmi was sure in the other part of the planet, opposite Iran, there must be a continent which Christopher Columbus discovered 600 years later and thought it was India. Hahaha. Iranians use irony, metaphor, simile and such things a lot while speaking. If you ask me all of us are poets and authors because we talk artistically with delicacy. Iran is the country of kindness, altruism, humanitarianism and philanthropy. When Iraq with the help of all the world specially US in 1981 attacked Iran, they killed our soldiers and ordinary people who joined the war because of the love of country (basiji power = militia) by chemical weapon which was forbidden, they bombarded hospitals and innocent people in Tehran the capital and other big cities like Isfahan, they tortured the Iranian captives wildly for 8 years. But Iran never used chemical weapon, never bombarded hospitals and cities. We took care of the captives. When an Iraqi was injured we took him to hospital but they used to kill our injured soldiers. And we didn’t lose even one inch of Iran in the war while we didn’t have power and it was two years after the Revolution. We were alone with no equipments and Iraq with all the money and equipment of the world. When we were the winner and we could conquer Iraq they forced us to end the war which we didn’t start. We die for our country whenever it is needed and we love Iran more than life itself. Ferdowsi said: “If Iran doesn’t exist, I won’t exist.” Yes that’s the way we are, Different from other people. We care. When I walk in the places that have a lot of trees (There are always ants around trees and fields) I’m careful not to put my foot on ants. We can’t hurt even ants let alone human beings. Watch Iranian movies about the war to understand what I say. When Arabs attacked Egypt they changed their language, appearance and culture to Arabic and there are many of such examples that you know. But when Arabs attacked Iran they couldn’t change almost anything. The interesting point is that those Arabs who came to Iran at that time started writing poetries in Farsi and with Farsi style. Can you believe that? Moguls who attacked Iran wildly and destroyed everything, after some time, started to behave like Iranians and became polite. Yes. It’s unbelievable. When others ruled over Iran they had Iranian viziers. There’s a lot to know about this old country. I’ll tell you more in the future. Visit this: http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resources/global-etiquette/iran-country-profile.html Bye for now

01:35 PM Sep 27 2011 |

mp2944

I am iranian and I was born and raised there for 22 years before I moved to the US 4 years ago. I have traveled all over the world and I have read soo many books.

For those of you who say my country is “confused” and misguided by religion and patriotism, Let me tell you, the last thing you can label iranians with is confusion! My people know very clearly what they want and who they are. They are educated and knowlegable with the least possible facilities.

Religion is in their hearts and something that was passed down from their ancestors. They hold on to their values and keep their families and friends close. They care about eachother and are very well know for hospitality.

The young generation fought with nails and teeth after the last election to make their thoughts and voices heard. BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY WANT. I think Confusion is on your side because you dont even know the basic things about my country to let yourself speak about it like that!

About the fraudential president, he is not brave, he is a narcisitic politician who doesnt knw the first thing about politics. I could care less for the Nuclear energy when some people dream of eating meat for 4/5 months in a year! I dont care what he does for Palestine because its only the surface of the game to buy guns and generate MORE HATE! Thats definetly not what my people stand for!

People dont have a roof above their heads, there are families who cant even satisfy basic human needs with the sick economy that these people presented us with! My people dream of food and shelter when some of these so called brave people get their multi-billion dollars acounts in foreign countries frozen after the election. YES thats the oil money that belongs to my people.

This man whom you call BRAVE, buys votes from desperate hungry people by giving a bag of potatos (and laughing at them in his evil dreams).

It maybe admirable to many people how hestands up for Nuclear purposes and Palestine! But if there was a single bit of LOVE and Patriotism in HIM he would care about all those villages that dont have electricity and warm water, whose kids run around all day without even knwoing they have to go to school. He would try to create jobs how ever he could not direct the country in a way that sanctions pressure my people so much that they would end up soaking in drugs or committing suicide.

If there was one bit of decency in him he would bring my people PEACE instead of having Morality Police to follow young people around and ask girks to cover their heads and arrest them JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN! If he was a good president he would think of ways to create a safe ground for graduates and would value education so he wouldnt lose his biggest assets (the young intellectuals), but no ofcourse he wants to be rid of them so there is no threats to his thrown!

If he cared even one bit, he would create an enviroenment so young people would know how to talk and communicate with the opposite sex instead of seperating women and men in universities.

Do I really need to say more? Wake up, open your eyes and stop the prejiduceand bias, look close and see what is REALLY GOING ON!

07:09 PM Jun 26 2012 |

belinus

belinus

So far I see no abnormal chaos in Iran
The conflict between the people and government of all countries there is
A truly beautiful and friendly people kind of hush

06:40 AM Mar 12 2013 |