Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you live in an Apartment or a House? Also, I'm back...

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

After a long and unexpected series of events kept me away from the net generally and EnglishBaby specifically, I just wanted to give y'all the heads up that I'm back around, in case anyone cares.  I know I was engaged in a few discussions before my unfortunate departure, while I'm sure they will come again if they need to, I would be happy to answer any unreplied to questions from that time if someone wants to ask me.  

Otherwise, to make this thread be about something other than myself, I would like to ask a question to Ebaby readers: Do you live in an apartment or a house?  Which do you think is better?

I live in a house. (See my Userpic Smile)  I like it a lot, I get a lot of privacy, and land where I can have fruit trees and a nice spot to relax.  While living abroad I have also lived in apartments, and I like them too; I feel like there is more community in them, and really, I usually don't need so much space.  I would like to live in a house when I get married, though.  Are apartments or houses more common in your country?  Which do you prefer?  

01:54 PM Oct 29 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zzmusa

zzmusa

Turkey

in usualy ı live in apartment but during the summer ı live in house in my village

02:20 PM Oct 29 2010 |

braveheart2010

Egypt

welcome back

05:17 PM Oct 29 2010 |

Benjipie

Benjipie

United Kingdom

I live in an apartment way up on the 14th floor.  We have a great view of the mountains and city.  I plan on buying a house pretty soon and agree with arabhamid.  I will definitely check out the neighbors.  I couldn't imagine buying a house and then having inconsiderate crappy neighbors.  

Ben Laughing

Check out my blog – http://eslgroups.com/Wordpress_Blog/

12:54 AM Oct 30 2010 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

Thanks guys.  Houses are painfully expensive in my hometown… That's always the way for nice places, huh. 

Apartment have more neighbors, though… more chances to meet good people, more chances to meet bad ones.  

07:48 AM Oct 30 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

I live in a house in the capital city, quite near the city centre

11:23 PM Nov 05 2010 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

This may seem like a weird question, SantiagoC, but how common is it for houses in Uruguay to have chimneys/fireplaces?

06:02 AM Nov 07 2010 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Presently I live in a house. I will be moving to an apartment in April , which I purchased recently.

Independent houses are more common in India. It costs a fortune to own an independent house. Only people who come to the city from outside prefer Apartment(It is called "Flats" in India) 

07:38 AM Nov 07 2010 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

@Radunagi,

Almost all, because we make a lot of barbacues :D (we call them asado) 

11:39 AM Nov 07 2010 |