Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

People Who Deserve To Die

Dorothee

Dorothee

Germany

You may think this subject to be a little awkward, but I was just curious what people who grew up in different cultures think about this: Since my last semester on Secondary School we've often read books at school that deal with the subject justice and usually this makes us bring up the subject whether or not you can say that some people deserve to die. What do you say? Do you think it to be justified to kill a human being if he or she is really extremely…evil?

Just to give you an example I personally think that nobody has ever deserved to die nor will there ever be a person of whom I'd say that he or she deserves to die. In my opinion there isn't a single thing in the world that justifies murder. Of course I still have to admit that the world would be better off today if several people (terrorists, dictators etc.) never had existed or at least would have died before they could do any harm. I know this opinion of mine may be a little extreme, but can I help it? That's just what I think! That's just part of my personality!

P.S. I apologize for the upsetting caption. It was just to awake the users' curiousity.

03:12 PM Sep 14 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

In my opinion,There is nobody deserves to be deprived from his legitimate right of living ONLY if he commited a killing crime,or has been the cause of death of others,thanhe will be a source of disorder and evil,that's why he deserves to die.

However some Fanatic sects believe that who is not from their religion must die,and they cosider him as Satan !!!

Life is for everybody,but those who are bloodthirsty

09:27 PM Sep 14 2010 |

born2loveAllah

Algeria

I think that every one has right to live
but sometimes it’s necessary …kill one to warn and save a hundred
In my religion , if a person kills another then it would be killed if not forgiven by the killed one ’s relatives …
It may seem hard but it’s certainly better to kill one criminal rather than letting him kill many innocents …
That’s only what I think …
peace and love to all of you

12:07 PM Sep 15 2010 |

Dorothee

Dorothee

Germany

Okay, sometimes it may be necessary to kill someone like a mass murderer to prevent him from killing even more others, (allthough even then it would be hard for me to sentence someone to death if I was a judge and lived in a country that uses death penalty) but some people just regret it later and then they may stop killing. I think criminals like these should at least get some time-and psychological help-to give them the chance of regretting. I don't see why someone who truly regrets should die, since regretting something usually means to never do it again: It doesn't make sense to me to kill someone who doesn't endanger anybody anymore.

Faith from
U.S.A.

Thank you! As a matter of politeness I also wish you a nice day.

05:19 PM Sep 16 2010 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

I think criminals like these should at least get some time-and psychological help-to give them the chance of regretting. I don't see why someone who truly regrets should die, since regretting something usually means to never do it again: It doesn't make sense to me to kill someone who doesn't endanger anybody anymore.

Haha…You're so sensitive :) 

One who kills another one has to think about his deed  before doing it

What about the one who died ?! it would not be justice if we just spare his killer just because he regreted,regret is a normal feeling after comitting crime and especially after baing cought :)

08:30 PM Sep 16 2010 |

Dorothee

Dorothee

Germany

Hossam_bou
nab

I completely understand your point of view! Of course you shall think about your deeds before doing it, but do you think that everyone can think rational in every single situation of his or her life? Don't you think that at least some murderers would have never committed these crimes if they didn't have some psychological problems.

You say that they rather regret after they are caught, but still there are a lot of criminals who afterwards feel so guilty that they don't even wait till they get caught, but either commit suicide or surrender to the police.

After all killing someone who has committed murder doesn't bring his victims back to life anyway and I do think revenge (in this case for the killer's victims is a bad, because simply wrong thing). And what do you mean by sparing a killer? I didn't say anything about not punishing a murderer at all. I just said we shouldn't take anybody's life, but of course a judge should make sure that a murderer gets punished-somehow else however.

P.S. I completely understand your point of view and I think that we just have different opinions concerning this subject, because we crew up in different cultures.

02:55 PM Sep 17 2010 |

lolita_lempicka

Yemen

it depends, n who deserve he must take his judgment of die

09:58 AM Sep 18 2010 |

Dorothee

Dorothee

Germany

lolita_lem
picka

I hope one day you'll visit this forum again, because I've got a question to you: You said it depends, but what do you think it depends on whether or not one deserves to die if I may ask?

10:05 AM Sep 18 2010 |

lolita_lempicka

Yemen

it depands on the person's crime n also depends on the peoples forgiveness …

12:55 PM Sep 18 2010 |

Dorothee

Dorothee

Germany

I see! Thank you! I totally agree on the fact that one's punishment shall depend on the crime the person has done and on how forgivable his or her deed is!

06:04 PM Sep 18 2010 |

lolita_lempicka

Yemen

u most welcom ..:)

07:16 AM Sep 19 2010 |