Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Meditation

manatsito

Germany

What do you think about meditation?

08:27 AM Feb 02 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

englishlabor

China

maybe it can create some wonderful idea.Sometimes I like to think deeply about myself,It is helpful for me to adjust the direction in my life

08:35 AM Feb 02 2008 |

Komodia

Komodia

Chile

first of all, what is meditation?

For some people, it's thinking about life and all that.. For some others, it's about NOT thinking about anything and just relaxing.

I do both, but I've never read anything about meditation before. I like to listen at some music, to sit straight or lay on my bed and relax, or sometimes just think about everything that's going on.

12:06 AM Feb 04 2008 |

Komodia

Komodia

Chile

so it's both.. =P

I don't really practice any kind of specific meditation because I've never read much about it but, as I said, I usually do both main practices.

Once when I was thinking, lying on my bed with my face to the ceiling, I suddenly "fell" of a height of about 2 mts or a bit less, back to my bed.. I felt the sound of my bed, of my bones, of my neck… But nothing really happened. I wasn't sleeping, I was thinking of something in particular, even though I don't remember exactly what it was cos it happened more than half a year ago.

Have any of you had that kind of experience?

05:07 PM Feb 04 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends, Medtation is a complex word as love & life. Every one has his own definiation.I have done a lot of work upon myself through 'Meditation'. First about the definiation.. some people consider concentration as meditation & some use this word for the search of god ( within body) But another is 'to sit silently doing nothing'. In India there was an great indian mystic 'Osho'from whom I learnt 'meditation'.

I started to search God within body in 1985 from another spiritual sect in India & tried go beyond 5 sins mentioned in our religious scriptures,but rhe result was zero.I tried hard ,ther was only do's & don'tdos nothing else.therewas no transformation,It was only suression & guilts,sins.

While searching so I met anothers way of meditation & that was 'transcendental meditation' of Mahesh Yog,It was a path imaginations to strengthen the mind,which was not purpose mine …

& then by chance a book of Osho came to my hands & I felt embraced but the name of Osho was considered bad in those days because of his realistic & bold & open talks.But I found his sayings somewhat real & once by chance I experienced truth in pracical & I started hearing learning & following his saying & I found him right all the ways..

Osho Gave the real meaning of meditation… He says 'sit silently doing nothing..

& as silence descended I got answers of lot of my question..

I became able to realise soul…

I became able to recognise my mind

I realised my Life & death both

I came to know the real way to relax

I learned love & sex at the age of 47

& what I am today is the produce of Osho.

I feel myself fullfilled & joyful.

I am here on this site to share all the fruits of that meditation..

All of my friends can Search Osho at

www.osho.com

It is wonderful experience to have a taste of meditation, Here in India is osho meditation resort ,where people comes from all over the world & everyone has the right to join the meditations.

07:33 AM Feb 05 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Dear Kamodia,

I also had such experince while meditating with music,I also felt jumped out of bed for 2-3 feet height,It was a nice experience.What Osho teach in  meditation is to relax completely & everybody tries to relax in his own way.& what you said is to lie down & see the ceilling is also part of such meditation.

He says that our every activity can become meditation just by adding awareness to our activity.. & he had written about five hundred books while explaining different topics..

05:27 PM Feb 05 2008 |